Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Nexans Power Accessories Germany; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data Nexans Power Accessories Germany may collect, how Nexans Power Accessories Germany uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
§1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) We have provided information on the collection of personal data when using our website below. “Personal data” refers to all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party in accordance with Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation is Nexans Power Accessories Germany GmbH, , Ferdinand-Porsche-Str. 12, 95028 Hof (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com or at our postal address with the addition “Data Protection Officer”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we store the data you provide (your e-mail address, possibly your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer required, or restrict its processing if statutory retention requirements apply.
(4) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offering or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail of the respective processes below. We have also stated the set criteria for the duration of storage.
§2 Your rights
(1) In relation to us, you have the following rights concerning your personal data:
– right to information;
– right to rectification or erasure;
– right to restriction of processing;
– right to object to processing;
– right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
§3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If the website is used merely for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we collect only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation):
– IP address;
– date and time of request;
– time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time GMT);
– request content (specific page);
– access status/HTTP status code;
– amount of data transmitted;
– website from which the request originates;
– operating system and interface;
– language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the above data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you use and through which the entity that sets the cookie (here: us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet more user-friendly and effective overall.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to delete all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
When you do provide us with personal data, we usually use it to respond to your enquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information or offers.
Nexans Power Accessories Germany will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure:
– is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
– is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you,
– is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
– is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense,
– is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Nexans Power Accessories Germany information technology systems.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Nexans Power Accessories Germany uses appropriate technical and organisational security measures.
Nexans Power Accessories Germany Web sites contain links to other Web sites. Nexans Power Accessories Germany is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.